Creating Cyc or Strip lights with multiple channels.

StephenNYC

I am trying to find a way to create Cyc or Strip light symbols that contain multiple channel attribute information.

Specifically I want to be able to stop duplicating a fixture over and over to create multiple channels for one multi circuited lighting fixture.

I've seen them built, and working, before but I can't figure out how to create them.

• 2 weeks later...

Modify>Convert>Convert to MultiCircuit

I use Steve Shelley's Field Template Symbols. He has an excellent description of how to use Multicircuit units in the how to guides with the symbol package.

I select the cyc fixture portion and insert it into the drawing. I then select the next portion of the fixture and insert it. I do this for as many sections as are needed. Once all the parts are in the drawing, I move them so they are all attached to each other. Select all of the parts, then modify>convert>convert to multi circuit. You can enter all of the data and then group the fixture (or not as you see fit).

I hope this helps!

John