Window and wall corruption...

mike mcneil

Anyone have a clue why a window's 2d line work would turn 90 degrees to wall it is inserted into? I realize a custom symbol with the same name as the standard PIO can create havoc with the standard PIOs, but I have not attempted to do so in this file.

The window is correct when looking at it in 3D. This was a wall style created in VW2008 and I am attempting work on this in VW2009. Since Vectorworks 2008 will not be supported under 10.6, I wanted to start moving my drawings to Vectorworks 2009.

I thought the wall style might be corrupt, but if i insert the a window in other walls of the same wall style in the drawing it works correctly. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Edited by mike mcneil

I have the same issue working on files converted from 2008 to 2009.

Not only window or door PIOs but clothe rods, tables and chairs etc are rotated too.

It has something to do with rotated view. When working in rotated view some PIOs are rotated or at least their highlited preselection appears to be rotated 90?...

Creating vieports from rotated view causes the same problem on sheetlayers.

That really sucks ... means the translator is screwing with ALL the Hybrid orientations.

Most likely a simple programming calculation error involving 0 radians or something.

Forcing stressed out Users to reformat entire projects. Stuff like this drives me crazy...

Please submit a BUG report on this thing ?

Ok I will post it via bug report page. (a little bit afraid of this message: Before submitting a bug- have you updated to the latest version of the application you're running and verified that the bug still exists? - I am not going to upgrade to 2010 now...)

NNA probably did not prepare last patch for 2009 users ...