window colors

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Bring up the window settings dialog from the Object Info Palette. From there, navigate to the View tab.

In the section marked Special Classes, you will be able to choose various elements of the window and a class to use for each. To configure the classes, you must use the Organization dialog (found by default with the menu item Tools | Organization). There you can define the textures you wish to use for each class.

As a side note, the same methodology applies to the Door PIO.

If you need more information than this, let me know.

The easiest way is to change the fill color for the window class. You can choose from Benjamin Moore colors if you go to the Color Piker at the top right of the color dialog (see attached pic.)

Alternatively, you can assign a texture to the window class (in the Other tab.)

Either way, I do this with SLVP class overrides so that it doesn't change the fill color of my 2d plan drawings.

The SOURCE file is the .vwx file that contains the texture you want (there are many in /Applications/Vectorworks 2009/Libraries/Textures.)

The TARGET file is the .vwx file you would like to use the texture in (your model file.)

You need to use the Resource Browser to import the textures, not the Organization palette. See attached picture.

After you import the texture, you can use the Organization palette to assign it to a class. See attached picture.