Wall Joins in VW 2010

AN Design

Tech support has ignored me. They have referred me to the place where I purchased the software - which I don't understand since they wanted the files before.

I am going to continue to bump this thread until I get some response, from someone, anyone. Service Pack 1 did NOT fix the issue, as they claim.

I too have upgraded to 2010 SP1 and my wall joins are still not functioning correctly. I need to submit a bug report on this, because it's bad. As you can see, in plan the wall is a clean connection. In the hidden line perspective both the stairs and walls are punching through the curved wall. I'll be modeling in Sketchup and Cinema 4D in the meantime.

*Edit: I should also add that the curved wall tool is creating super whacked geometry that is nonsensical.

Edited by lineweight

I wish that was the case. After making the suggested adjustment, there was no change in wall + stair behavior. I think it's an actual problem with how the program is handling the geometry. In 3DS exports I am getting geometry that is exporting incorrectly as well. I understand software development can be a difficult process, but it feels like I'm still using a beta version. Of course, I'm open to the possibility that it's simply user error, but then all my walls would look like that, not just a few.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Everyone:

I am not aware of any of these problems post-SP1. If you have specific examples, please e-mail me directly with the files and explanations, at cgraye@vectorworks.net.

I will say this, however - when you are trying to "T-join" at an "L-join", the component joins of the L-join will be removed. This is by design. We are aware that joining components at these three-way intersections is a major wish, and we plan to address it in a future release. But for now, this is the expected behavior.

Everyone:

I am not aware of any of these problems post-SP1. If you have specific examples, please e-mail me directly with the files and explanations, at cgraye@vectorworks.net.

I will say this, however - when you are trying to "T-join" at an "L-join", the component joins of the L-join will be removed. This is by design. We are aware that joining components at these three-way intersections is a major wish, and we plan to address it in a future release. But for now, this is the expected behavior.

I will email you a movie, which I sent to my local support. It shows that after walls are joined and cleaned up, when the interior wall is stretched or altered the join comes apart. This happens every time, in brand new file. It didn't happen in 2009, and I am sure it is not behaviour that you want.

** please refer to the image I posted on page 1 - this shows the unravelled joint **

Edited by rb-arch

After SP1, I am now finding that there is a big lag in door editing, and wall additions and subtractions. With all components displayed, if I join walls in simple T situations, then clean the components up for the join with Component T, the entire drawing gets slow when anything changes related to walls (i.e. chaning a tag, stretching the door in the wall, joining a new wall).