Sign in to follow this  
eisseycrew

Compatibility with Windows 7

Our business is updating all computers to Windows 7, and I'm not finding anything on the VectorWorks site or on here to tell me whether or not they will be compatible.

Any help?

I'm working with VW 2008 & VW 2009 on Windows 7 and I didn't encounter any problems. I have Windows 7 RC from June, so that's almost 4 months now. So I say it's compatible. I don't know if it is relevant, but I have the 64bit version of Windows 7 RC.

NNA said that VW 2010 will be compatible. So I would say that you can switch withouth worries.

Since Windows 7 hasn't been released, NNA can't include it as a recommended system, and won't know until it is. I have been using Vectorworks 2010 for a few months and Vectorworks 2009 before that in Windows 7 beta and RC with no problems. I disable User Account Control so I don't know how it will run with that.

in the "Vectorworks 2010" thread JPA (from NNA) said that VW2010 will support windows 7, although as mentions with 7 not being released yet they can't put it into there documentation.

The good news is that Vectorworks 2010 is supporting the latest available version of Windows 7, unless something changes on release date on October. Word of caution update video drivers to Windows 7 drivers.

Guest jkelly

The 2010 installer (and later 2009 installers) should work okay with Windows 7, both 32 and 64 bit.

Probably will, but definitely not supported. From what I hear XP Compatibility Mode works really well. It only comes with Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, or Ultimate.