Plant Database

Rosetter

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

When adding new plants to the FileMaker based plant database, you must generate new plant lists for Vectorworks to make use of. You can find this command in the file menu of the database.

The list generated contains all the plant in the current found set of records. So if you only want a list of our azaleas, for example, do a search that fives you only those plant, create a new plant list and Vectorworks should now show the new list in the drop down menu in the plant info dialog.

I hope this helps out. If you need more information than this, just drop a line.

Hi,

is it also possible to collect plants from different search inputs. I.e. I first search the database for white daylilys, second I want to add white phlox to that list. Is that possible to save that plantlist out of different search enquiries to one plant list VW so that I have my special list for a special project and not ten different plantlists of all the different enquiries?

I hope my question is understandable.

Regards

Uli

Yes. After your first search is done, in the VW database, in Browse view, then under "Naming" and "Used in Project", I assign a project number. Do this for every plant that your search found. Then, when you do a new plant search, add the same project number to each plant. When you are all done with all your search inquiries, do a search for the project number and you will have your special list.

And per Judah's advice above, be sure to save / generate a new plant list so that your drawing can use the new list. I use the same project number but add a short project name to make it easier to refer to this plant list in the future.

Other users may know of alternative ways to accomplish the same thing. I hope this helps.