Vectorworks and Macbook Pro - Heat

Ride

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem. Almost every time I use Vectorworks with my Macbook Pro, it gets really hot. Then the fan kicks in. I find it generally starts as soon as I do a little bit of 3D modeling (very simple stuff) and/or use interiorCad.

I have the laptop on top of some wood spacer blocks on my desk so there is airflow all around it. Does VW really make the processor work so hard it nearly overheats?

Ken

Macbook Pro 2.4ghz

3GB Ram

256MB video

Thanks for the input. With respect to the firmware update...that's been done. Also, this is my second macbook pro and both have done the exact same thing. I guess it's a normal thing, just seems odd that the fan NEVER comes on unless I'm using VW. I do notice that if I don't shut down VW for a day or two it does start to run noticeably slower. Then, shut down and restart...speeds back up. Must have a memory leak or something?

Thanks

Ken

Thanks for the input. With respect to the firmware update...that's been done. Also, this is my second macbook pro and both have done the exact same thing. I guess it's a normal thing, just seems odd that the fan NEVER comes on unless I'm using VW. I do notice that if I don't shut down VW for a day or two it does start to run noticeably slower. Then, shut down and restart...speeds back up. Must have a memory leak or something?

Thanks

Ken

I have noticed similar behavior with my Macbook (not Pro.) Fan always runs when using VW2009. After using VW2009 for a few hours, seems to slow down. If I watch the Activity Monitor, VW uses more an more memory as I use it until, eventually, I need to shut it down and restart. Seems like a memory leak to me.