Lost Authorization Code

June

Kool Aid

So, you never answered the question, if you had to pay full price for the software and the dongle if they were lost or stolen, would you? We have no issues with Dongles, we have issues with the above policy.

Our preference, policy, and implementation is that everyone pays, for what they use, as we do and as it seems you do.

The dongle is not an inhibitor of this as in some parts of the world, as you have so rightly pointed out, certain folks have found ways to either replicate or to eliminate the need for this device. No difference than the company who has found a way to run the Mac OS on standard Intel Hardware and sell it to the public.

Based upon your Assessment of market share and the amount of theft of Vectorworks in the USA, it most definitely would seem prudent as business folks for Nemeteschek North Amercia to abandon their home market.

There might be legal considerations with dongle dependent software in the US.

Once you move into hardware, do you weaken your claim that the software is intellectual property rather than goods and chattels?

If you charge full price for a dongle replacement, how would you argue that you are primarily licensing intellectual property?

Hmmm.

There might be legal considerations with dongle dependent software in the US.

Once you move into hardware, do you weaken your claim that the software is intellectual property rather than goods and chattels?

If you charge full price for a dongle replacement, how would you argue that you are primarily licensing intellectual property?

Hmmm.

Hmmm, indeed. The replacement cost of a lost dongle is, here in the civilized world, in tens of US Pesos, ie. nothing. You see (as I've tried to explain), it is worthless, unless the Thief also manages to get the entire serial number.

I believe that the cost of a replacement dongle has now changed and is effectively the cost of a second license. Too many people were 'losing' their dongles and when 'found', passing them on to their friends and colleagues. Faulty dongles are still relatively inexpensive compared to the cost of a new license.

Unofficially, dongle less versions of VW are available for the Euro market, but only on request by a certain select few of existing VW practices.

Kool Aid

So, you never answered the question, if you had to pay full price for the software and the dongle if they were lost or stolen, would you? We have no issues with Dongles, we have issues with the above policy.

Umm? Home market ? the 22%?

I never answer to stupid questions: that I leave to the Mad magazine. I'm not snappy enough.

The replacement cost of a lost or stolen dongle is, of course ? in terms of US users, who are all on social benefit schemes, as it appears ? huge. Maybe tens of your pesos. Dear me!

But indeed: should NNA abandon the ?home market?, the 78% of users would get their software cheaper as they would no longer need to subsidise the unprofitable home market.

I believe that the cost of a replacement dongle has now changed and is effectively the cost of a second license. Too many people were 'losing' their dongles and when 'found', passing them on to their friends and colleagues. Faulty dongles are still relatively inexpensive compared to the cost of a new license.

Unofficially, dongle less versions of VW are available for the Euro market, but only on request by a certain select few of existing VW practices.

Of course: ?lost?. Well, losing a piece of hardware can be easily covered with insurance.

At worst, there'll be a cash flow situation.