Vectorworks 2010

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of things in vw seem to be broken. After showing me this, just adds to that list.

Extrude a circle. Duplicate array it 100 times vertically & horizontally. Now add those 10000 extrusions to make a solid. Track your task manager. Tell me how many cores are being used?

Hopefully someone from NNA can weigh in here but from what I can tell, on the Mac, Vectorworks is not 64bit under Snow Leopard or uses Multiprocessors except for Renderworks operations. The only other processor being used besides one of the cores is the Graphic Chip to aid with Screen draws and the highlighting.

Posted by Barrie Scott (Co-Chair St. Louis VectorWorks User Group) in the Vectorworks List (12 September 09).

....The integration of Landmark and Architect is really cool. ....

So Architect and Landmark now come as one package? or is this just saying that some of the landmark features now are part of Architect?

• 3 weeks later...
Has the sloping sill issue been sorted out? Does it cut out walls as they should and then, do they reflect properly in the Live Section?

Speaking of Live Sections, can we now edit objects in Live Sections (or elevation viewports for that matter) eg. moving windows and doors around as we would on plan view? (just like ArchiCAD)

Thanks,

Yes, and No.

I don't know what you're talking about but the window sills have still not been repaired in vw2010. This is one pathetic release.

I've watched the video on texture mapping improvements for Renderworks... Anybody know if mapping on curved surfaces has been improved? I find that mapping an image on a curved banner is a nightmare... just curious if this was an improvement?

In regards to 3D Dimensioning - with the new Unified 2d/3d view, would I be able to dimension an object in elevation, and then have the dimension stay correctly positioned as I dimension the plan, then viewing as an Isometric, thus giving basically the 3d dimensioning? Basically, do the measurements stay in Plan only plane, or do they work with the new unified views?

Also, anyone have a grasp on what the "actual" multi core capabilities are? VW2009 says it's multi core, but it's never used more than one core for me... even renderworks... Just wondered if VW2010 actually uses multi cores for anything.

I've watched the video on texture mapping improvements for Renderworks... Anybody know if mapping on curved surfaces has been improved? I find that mapping an image on a curved banner is a nightmare... just curious if this was an improvement?

In regards to 3D Dimensioning - with the new Unified 2d/3d view, would I be able to dimension an object in elevation, and then have the dimension stay correctly positioned as I dimension the plan, then viewing as an Isometric, thus giving basically the 3d dimensioning? Basically, do the measurements stay in Plan only plane, or do they work with the new unified views?

Also, anyone have a grasp on what the "actual" multi core capabilities are? VW2009 says it's multi core, but it's never used more than one core for me... even renderworks... Just wondered if VW2010 actually uses multi cores for anything.

I don't know about the mapping. I just use C4D.

3D Dimensions are not possible. Maybe it will come out with 2011 (but don't hold your breathe) and then NNA with market 2011 like it is some sort of ground breaking technology when in fact AutoCAD had it since the beginning.

NNA lies. No way is vw multi-core. Period. 'Parts' of renderworks maybe multi-core though.

HTH,