Vectorworks 2010

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corner windows

Looks really, really good! Can't wait?

But what about (i) bay windows and (ii) odd angles? Not to mention (i) + (ii)?

By the way, I don't give a large rodent's posterior for the level of detail here. I have no need for American Gothic Corner Windows in Victorian Prairie Renessaince Style. Or whatever the McMansiontects do.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Corner windows

Looks really, really good! Can't wait?

But what about (i) bay windows and (ii) odd angles? Not to mention (i) + (ii)?

You are not limited to 90 degree angles. The corner window will miter to the line of the wall, so really any angle should work.

The window will only miter on one side, so it will not stretch to the width of the entire wall. This has already been requested as a wish several times through the beta process, and please fell free to add your name to the list.

Here is a sample at around 45 degrees, along with trim, sill and a transom.

Corner windows

I have no need for American Gothic Corner Windows in Victorian Prairie Renessaince Style. Or whatever the McMansiontects do.

Kool Aid(Petri), you may want to travel over here some time, not everything built is a McMansiontects. I would say less than 5%, its just that is what gets the most press. Ours is a multi-cultural place with folks from all over the world unlike most culturally homogeneous places in the world.

What we need here in the U.S is a good Glazed wall tool, A.K.A Curtainwall or Storefront.

Maybe this has been asked a hundred times over but has there been any advancement to a 64 bit platform with this latest release of Vectorworks 2010?

Also has there been any additions to the window PIO that helps create circle windows at all?

One last question if anyone knows. With this new Wall sculpting tool will that allow for the ability to create flares (see attached Image) on my walls or possibly be able to create slanted walls?

[img:left]http://tmsarchitects.com/press/Images/tms-elevation%20with%20flare.jpg[/img]

The window will only miter on one side, so it will not stretch to the width of the entire wall. This has already been requested as a wish several times through the beta process, and please fell free to add your name to the list.

OK. I was in the beta process for a while, but obviously missed this vote.

Bay windows are an interesting architectural idiom and feature, included in a variety of styles, from (at least) Victorian/Edwardian through Art Deco/Functionalism to Post-modern/Contemporary/Retro.

Corner windows, on the other hand, are Modernist and Retro-Modernist only. Love them anyway!

Maybe this has been asked a hundred times over but has there been any advancement to a 64 bit platform with this latest release of Vectorworks 2010?

Also has there been any additions to the window PIO that helps create circle windows at all?

One last question if anyone knows. With this new Wall sculpting tool will that allow for the ability to create flares (see attached Image) on my walls or possibly be able to create slanted walls?

[img:left]http://tmsarchitects.com/press/Images/tms-elevation%20with%20flare.jpg[/img]

64bit not complete yet.

No circle windows yet in the PIO. Though you can create your own.

You can create flares and slanted walls, but not end to end of the wall. You will have to fill in the corners with separate objects not within the wall.

Yes I know ... and Windoor for (not only) corner windows and some other usefull plug-ins.. But it would be fine to have these tools already built in the VW.

According to improved 3D functionality of 2010 - 3D snaps, guidelines etc seemed to me natural that the tools for geametrical analysis in 3D will be improved as well.