Update CAD or not?

Had a good offer from my VW reseller - buy VW 2009 now and you get 2010 up grade for free. I never went from 2009 as it did not have much to offer and stuck with 2008, holding out until NNA attracted me with a decent upgrade. The offer runs out in 2 days. Then I will have to pay the price of 2 upgrades to get from 2008 to 2010 and the price of 2010 may have increased - my re seller says it will be twice the price of the offer. This is a considerable amount of money for our 2 licences. But I do not know what 2010 will bring. Money is tight as work has dropped. So do I hold out longer, even to 2011, or risk it and buy now?

Thoughts appreciated.

Thoughts appreciated.

If VW 2008 works for you, why upgrade? But then again, you don't know what you may be missing??Buying a pig in a bag is not good, either?

But then again, if you don't need to consider hiring more staff or increasing productivity, why bother. Skipping upgrades is good, because then you don't need to worry about learning new things?

But on the other hand, quiet times are good for learning them. If you only have something to work on, to learn??

Skipping upgrades is bad, because things have changed so significantly. But who cares: the benefits are there, too?

Overall and in balance: if you can pay for the upgrade, take the offer. If need be, go for specials at Sainsbury's and make coffee at the office for a couple of months.

If you have 2008 and buy 2009 upgrade with free offer to get 2010, then the upgrade is going to cost approx half the upgrade cost then if you decide to upgrade any time in the future.

Basically, you get two upgrades for the price of one and its not going to be this 'cheap' ever again.

"Buy 2009" does not mean "buy upgrade 2009"....or does it?

As I understand you'll have to pay a full new 2009 license to get the 2010 upgrade.

Two upgrades should still be more expensive than a new license.

A new license allows you to to work on yet another workstation.

As I remember 2009 came with a new Parasolid rendering system. Useful if you need it.