Import pdf to scale

Hi,

I have a question regarding the import of a 1:100 pdf plan which I want to import into VW 2009. I have imported it OK but am struggling with the scaling using scale object palette. This palette works fine but I cannot figure out how to get the scale correct on screen. I have measured between two points on the actual drawing and am trying to recreate this on screen. Any tips more than welcome. i am sure its simple but I seem to have a mental block.

Regards

David

Use the Scale Objects command on the Modify menu. Measure an item that has a known length like a boundary dimension or overall building length (longer is better). The scaling factor is what the length actually is divided by what it should be. ie Symmetric by Distance = Current Distance / New Distance. You can use the measure option if you like.

Select the PDF.

Modify>Scale Objects...

Choose symmetric by distance.

Click on the button that isn't labeled, but looks like a dimension line.

Click on one side of a known dimension and then on the other side of the known dimension, as though you were starting to draw a dimension line. If the pdf was created with any vector based application, VW should be able to snap to points on the pdf.

A dialog box will pop up. In the "New Distance" field enter the known dimension.

Hit OK.

The pdf will now be scaled to the layer scale.

hth

michaelk

Depending on how the pdf was sourced, the X and Y may have slightly scaling factors so you need to double check these.

My cheap all-in-one printer/scanner definitely produces slightly different sizes in X and Y but I have also seen this from print shop scans too. Do not scale from this drawing etc applies even to pdf's.

Its going to be less of an issue with pdf's that contain Vector rather than raster data.