DWG to AutoCad LT line thickness problem

bonus

Question

When exporting files to AutoCadLT 2007, the lines show nicely on the PC monitor with right colors, thickness etc, but when printing all lines are the same. The printer settings are OK (checked with other AC files).

The same files print fine in AutoCad 2008 (full version - not LT).

Is this a known problem? Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas?

In desperate need of help....

Edited by bonus

9 answers to this question

Get AutoCad 2008 (full version - not LT)? Get the other party to get it? Or the third party? Try another export format?

Driftwood: What do you mean? The party of the first part?

Fiorello: No, the first part of the party of the first part.

Driftwood: All right. It says the, uh, "The first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract as the first part of the party of the first part shall be known in this contract" - look, why should we quarrel about a thing like this? We'll take it right out, eh?

Fiorello: Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! You can't fool me. There ain't no Sanity Clause!

Cheers from Korvatunturi!

(The quotes are, of course, from the Collected Works of Marx Bros.: A Night at the Opera.)

Tempting, tempting? It's been a long time since I was in Stockholm, which is one of my favourite cities. The setting is absolutely beautiful and so are the people, who even (used to) accept my Fenno-Swedish accent. Except when buying Coke (suussasula in Swedish.)

But the beer, the beer! Pripps Bl? or something? Have you got anything better nowadays?

Anyway, it does appear that the CAD-problem is at the other end. You may want to check the files with eDrawings Viewer by SolidWorks.

http://www.edrawingsviewer.com/MAC_Viewer.html

EDIT

Native members of English-speaking peoples are reminded of their hilarious pronunciation of Latin names such as Caesar and Cicero: who are Tsiisaewr and Tsiisserow?

The other end it is, but as I'm doing the hard work for them they expect me to solve the problem. Telling them to get full versions is as tempting as a "Kool Bier bumpa bumpa mit eine Schlange pumpa pumpa", as the say in Deutschland.

My files are fine both in eDrawings and pdf. There is something with this LT version that reminds me of Pripps Bl?. There is something missing....taste, quality...I don't get it. Can't put my finger on it.

If I don't get this solved I'd rather go for a beard than a beer for X-mas. Absolutely inkognito forever.

I will try exporting in earlier VW version tomorrow.

Edited by bonus

Maybe your export settings have been changed?

Make it as simple as possibe, including being in Top/Plan view and no viewports or sheet layers. Yes, I know you knew this.

Biting off the heads of a few kyklingar and spreading the blood around is the next step.

It seems I've not done any ACAD-exports in SP 4.

Aha...I knew that. Went back to pure basic with a test file with a few rectangles in a few different classes, all by layer etc etc...You know my melody....

It sounds great until it's printed. Then all notes are the same.

It's something with the plot settings in LT.

It's like having Messias by Haendel on the screen but hearing In the Ghetto by Elvis in your earphones.