Sign in to follow this  
Red Jester

Joining Lines

How do I create a polygon from four separate lines/curves. I have 2 curves and 2 straight lines and I want to create a solid polygon. I have read the vectorworks help service but can't make any sense of it.

Two ways:

1. Make sure the end points of the connecting lines/curves are identical and then use the Compose command from the Modify menu.

2. If the ends overlap, you should be able to use the "paint bucket" mode of the polygon tool to "pour" a new polyline bounded by the lines/curves.

As long as the ends of the lines and curves actually connect you can use Compose on the Modify menu to turn the four line elements into a single polyline object.

One of the great things to know about the Polygon Tool "paint bucket" is that you can use it to add bounded areas to an already selected polygon..... hold down the shift key while "painting" into the adjacent bounded area.

KM

Edited by Kevin McAllister

Yes ... good advise from all .. and .. especially prior to using joins, trims & paint buckets..

always " save your work " ... these procedures can be more computationally complex than they first appear .