Section line visibility in viewports

When I make a 3D section, VW leaves a section line in the originating layer, creates a sheet with a section viewport, and everything works well.

However, if I want to make a viewport of the *originating layer*, in which the section line and section marker appear, the model appears, but the section line and section marker do not.

I'd like to make a sheet that contains the section viewports along with a viewport of the originating layer, in which the section lines and markers appear.

- My workaround is to make a PDF of "current view" and import this PDF into the layer with the section viewports. It works, but it's unsatisfactory for a lot of obvious reasons.

- The attached file shows this condition, which works, but the PDF does not function as a true viewport, with control over annotations and so forth.

Probably there's something reeeeally obvious that I'm missing...

Anyone got an idea?

thank you ??

Edited by mmyoung

• Create a plan Viewport on Sheet Layer Section 1 giving it the name Plan.
  • Select one of the Section Viewports and click on the Section Line Instances... button on the OIP. In the dialog box that opens switch from Design Layers to Viewports and then place a checkmark against the Viewport name Plan.
  • Repeat for the other Section Viewport.