Are these VW2009 Glitches?

genie

I found a couple VW2009 glitches that I would like to share:

In VW 2009, the opacity of lines and solids can be adjusted. However, I noticed recently that it is not compatible with Adobe PDF 8.0 printer, (which converts .vwx to .pdf document).

The lines/solids with less than 100% opacity will be rasterize in the pdf. Export to pdf solve the problem, but we were told by our printing guy that printing to pdf will result in more accurate printing from large scale plotter.

Sometimes, when clicking into a group or symbol to edit, surrounding objects will not show even if display setting is on to show other objects while in editing mode. This happens randomly and usually a second try will solve the problem, or a change of view, or saving the file.

If anyone has insight to these glitches, please share. Thanks!

The way I understand the PrintToPDF versus ExportToPDF issue is that the printer driver

determines whether or not alpha transparency is supported via printing.

Adobe PDF Printer needs to be set-up to utilize alpha instead of rastor

via the PrintSet-up>PDF Options ( there are numerous options for experimentation).

Whereas, ExportToPDF uses the OSX installed QuartzPDF context engine which is configured

to recognize and handle alpha transparency natively.