Error Message?

Gytis

Glad you got it fixed.

The reason I believe it was a mishandling:

I mapped "localhost\shareddocs\00vectorworks user file\backup" to drive z:

I set vectorworks backup to "z:\"

z: was known to the windows system before starting vectorworks and after vectorworks was terminated.

Some parts of Vectctorworks handling the predetermined application directories appears to be in need of a refresh.

On windows it is storing some paths in Dos compatibility mode (e.g. "C:\Progra~2\Vector~1\"). I know some user paths are returned in this form, while others will return a proper Windows path name (e.g. "C:\program files(x86)\Vectorworks 2008\".

On windows it is storing some paths in Dos compatibility mode (e.g. "C:\Progra~2\Vector~1\"). I know some user paths are returned in this form, while others will return a proper Windows path name (e.g. "C:\program files(x86)\Vectorworks 2008\".

Gotta luv the technological irony of this recent discovery ... provided by our foremost VW+OSX detractor ; )

Could it be than many of the oft discussed failings of VW+WinXP are in some bizarre way linked to DOS !

honestly .. i just can't stop laughing ... what a hoot ... ; 0

It's vectorscript that sometimes returns file paths in the old format using;

Alrtdialog(getfolderpath(x)).

I know it's hard for some people to wrap their heads around the idea of a company being committed to long term support and maintaining compatiblity even though it might cost them a few sales.

But it really does happen.

Some software companies even do things like this:

http://www.browserforthebetter.com

Even if it isn't as cool as new ringtones.

Edited by brudgers
  • 2 weeks later...