Trim Tool on Mac (Not working so great)

C W

I've been working on a Mac w/ vwx for several months and have consistently found myself struggling to get the Trim tool to work correctly. I'll select lines that clearly intersect and the entire line will be deleted. Has this been brought up by other members? Is this a user error or known bug?

Much thanks,

Cory

• Like 1

Haven't opened 2008 in a while, but TRIM seems to work fine in later version(s)... Not that it helps you at all, but, are you sure you are using the tool correctly??

1) Draw two intersecting lines; 2) Select them both; 3) Hit Command-T (TRIM); 4) use the Hand Cursor to select the bisector. This should split the other line into two... P

Actually in windows (and half the time with Mac) you could just select the trim tool and click on a line, arc, polygon, etc. and will trim to the object it intersects... basically just select trim and trim away all the stuff you don't need. Specifically, when tracing or doing any type of work which will require a closed polygon down the road, I overlap much of the work with the thought that I'll trim later. This way, all lines meet (in theory) and then I could select the polygon tool in paint bucket mode and click inside my lines... resulting in a closed polygon.

You are both right.

Peter is talking about the Trim Command (Modify Menu)

Cory is talking about the Trim Tool (Basic Palette)

The Trim Tool only works with 2D Objects, not PIOs or 3D objects.

So it will trim all the way back to the wall rather than stopping at the door swing.

It will not trim to 3D objects at all.

It does seen to recognize 2D objects inside groups and symbols.

All the above are very quickly tested in VW2009.