Vectorwork - exporting

I run Vectorworks 8 on a Mac network.

I am experiencing problems exporting certain Vectorworks drawings. Some drawings refuse to export as an imaage file of any kind, some refuse to export as a TIFF but will export as for example a jpeg or bmp and some refuse to export at all either as an image or dwg/dxf.

Other drawings created on the same Mac at the same time export in any manner without any problems.

I have tried exporting after opening the drawing from my hard drive and also opening from within the application - makes no difference.

I have tried carrying this out on another Mac - no difference.

I have checked that all Quicktime 3D extensions are on.

Does anyone have any idea how to rectify this?

Make sure you have updated with the latest free update (8.5.2). If you have 8.5.2 and have DXF export problems you can mail the files to me at jodawi@nemetschek.net to look at. Image export I don't know about.

I regularly have problems exporting image files and am very glad to hear that I am not alone.

Some times images have random boundaries, unrelated to the page set-up or the objects (that I can find). Worse, sometimes objects are missing or distorted. This happens in around 10-20% of my exported images and both on iMacs and G4's. I have tried updating my Quicktime to v5. This seemed to make things a little better.

While I haven't been able to solve the issue one of the problems is often memory. Exporting TIFFS, JPEGS and EPS (the formats I need) usually needs around ten times the size of the final image size.

Is NNA aware of these problems?

Set-up: VW8.5.2 on OS 9.0.4 on a Mac network.