Sign in to follow this  
wdickert

Everything Slows Down

After working on a drawing for about 15 minutes or so, everyting in the VW workspace slows down. There is a very noticable hesitation between the mouse click and the response. This includes, selecting, drawing, picking tools or pulldown commands, etc. This is not the slow rendering, etc, that I have read posts about. The drawing is about 4 megs, and is pure 9.01. This is not a memory leak as memory stays fairly constant. Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

VW 9.01, Win200, Athlon 800, 3DLabs Oxygen VX1 graphics card, 384 Mb ram.

Check your setting for the number of undos in VectorWorks Preferences. Reducing the number of undos may improve performance. As a test, you can try setting the number of undos to 1 or even 0 and see if the problem goes away. If it does, choose a lower number than the current setting.

I have the same problem. I usually shut the program down periodically to get better performance. This and possibly reducing the number of undos are both unacceptable work arounds for slowed video response. I can only hope that the next patch addresses this issue head on.

I hereby retract the advice above! I'm told that that's old wisdom that doesn't apply to VectorWorks 9. Sorry if I lead anyone astray...

Hey Caleb, who told ya its old wisdom? just curious.. Another must do, is to raise the memory...I recomend atleast 250megs of RAM allocated to VW wink.gif