origin of each layer has shifted

I'm running MiniCAD 7.03. How does one align layer views? Although all layers are still aligned in the model view, once viewed as stacked layers ie in PLAN VIEW/TOP VIEW, layers are out of alignment. It is as though the origin of each layer has shifted hence throwing subsequent layers out of alignment. The ALIGN LAYER VIEWS command appears to have no effect, other than to put all layers into same projection view as the active layer. I think that if I can once again re-align the origins of each layers, I should be able to have the layers in alignment. How do I do that? All help is appreciated.

btw - is anyone aware of any MiniCAD Users Goups out there?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Although this may not be fixed as of VW9.0.1, it was a characteristic of VW8.5.2. The different layers, I'm assuming, are at different scales. If you have a 1:1 whose origin is offset from the CENTRE OF THE PAGE OUTLINE by a certain distance, a layer whose scale is, say, 1:10, will be offset from the centre of the page outline 10 times the distance. The only fix is to have the origin at the centre of the page, most accurately set in a 1:1 or greater (e.g. 10:1, not 1:10) scale layer. Better yet, start with a new drawing, which automatically sets the origin -- of all layers -- to the centre, so that they are aligned.

Ronald ProchotSounds like you moved the printable area. For what ever reason MC 7 and VW 8 have the printable area (the gray box that indicate what will be printed) linked to the origion. Moving the printable area with the move page tool will really cause problems. If this is what has happened, you will need to set all of your layers to "Top Plan" and manually realign them to each other. Then I assume you are useing layer links to creat your model. You will have to delete all of the layer links in your model layer and relink them to get the corrdinates back in the right place. You should probably make a copy of the file befor you do this, I could easily be off base here, but I think this is your problem.

The good news is in VW9 the printable area no longer has any effect on the origion of the file. We use alot of workgroup references which are governed by the origion, and our decision to upgrade to 9 was strongly influenced by this improvment.

Good Luck

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: MikeB ]