Scale Hatch

Hi,

does anybody have a good idea how to make a simple and quick Scaling of hatches inside a Polygon. For example doubleclick the hatch and enter 200%. Up to now I try to use the hardscape tool of landmark but I was only able to rotate the hatch but not to skale it. The way to ungroup and trim is a little bit time-consuming. Maybe I missed something.

Regards

Uli

XP Pro SP3

VW 2008 Landmark

The only way I know of in VW is to edit the definition of the hatch. This changes all instances of the hatch.

So if you want the same hatch at different scales in a drawing you need to make copies and change the scales. We occasionally end up with three or more versions of a hatch in a multiple scale drawing.

Thank you for your hints. I tried both ways and up to

now, I have to experiment a little if it is possible to scale hatches in different objects seperatly in one viewport. Maybe I have to change my workflow a little bit and make a lot of hatches. Anyway I think it would be nice to have just a doubleclick on any hatch and change it seperatly.

Hi eas,

thank you for your understanding. The biggest problem for me was that I was used to work with the UCS/WCS all the time and that is really a very quick and good thing for construction. But in VW seems to be more fun inherent.

Regards

Uli

Uli,

One may also Hatch from the Modify menu, this creates a series of lines so the object can then be scaled. This can be a quick on-the-fly technique for one off hatches.

Here's how:

-Draw the Poly required to be hatched, & Scale the object -say by a factor of 0.5,

-Select Hatch from the Modify Menu & Hatch this smaller Poly (you will have two things, a scaled down Poly & a Group of Lines in the shape & hatch style you have selected.)

- Group these two objects, then Scale them by a factor of 2.

This will result in a Group containing the original sized Poly AND a Group of lines in the shape of the Poly that is a Hatch at 200% - not a true hatch, but graphically it looks the same.