Cannot extrude

Hi,

a newbie question again. I am modeling an extended quadrant shower cubicle. I have created the rectangle and then an arc for the one corner and clipped the surface to finalize my shape.

However it wont extrude. I obviously have the wrong type of object to do this and don't know what is wrong with it. I have tried converting it to NURBS and also grouping it. I have also tried to use the compose option without success. The shape is a simple rectangle with one arced corner which is the plan shape of the shower cubicle. I intend to produce a solid and shell extrude it to form the side walls but am now stuck.

Any help appreciated

David

Select all the objects and compose, then you can extrude. You need either a polygon or polyline to extrude. If you are still having trouble, copy and paste the objects into a new file and upload the file here.

Rectangles, rounded rectangles, circles, ovals, and regular polygons will extrude too.

Though the results with circles and ovals are not exactly what one would want in most cases.

I just extruded some as a test when I was answering the question.

They were more faceted than I would prefer...you could test it yourself.

There may be a setting for it, but there are probably better options for curved surfaces using NURBS objects.

Edited by brudgers