Spacenavigator

Hi,

does anybody else have a Problem with Spacenavigator and VW 2008?

When I start VW 2008 the programm hangs, but Spacenavigator works normaly i nside the programm. The currant zoom entry field is flickering and CPU load is up to 55%. Spacenavigator works in any other programm (Google). I tried different Firewall settings and anything else, all different drivers uninstalled, reinstalled and so on. Only when I stop the driver of Spacenavigator VW 2008 works normaly at once. In the device list Spacenavigator is not listed but different HIDs. It worked some time before but don't ask me when. I assume that it has something to do with the latest windows Fixes, with the ati drivers or with dual screen, but I don't know. I even tested old Ati drivers. Maybe I have to wait for VW 2010.

Best regards

Uli

XP Pro SP3

Ati redeon 3650 dual Head DVI 9.3

Hi brudgers,

thank you for your reply. Normaly I post only if I did not find any solution in the net, knowledgebase, forum or s.e. So if I missed something I would be very happy if you can lead me there. Another thing I noticed is, when I click with the right mouse button in zoom field VW 2008 starts to react but very very slow. I changed the USB port also but there was no different behaviour.

So if there is any solution I missed please let me know.

Thanks

Uli

Hi brudgers,

thank you again for your reply. So if somebody else who is working with SN finds a solution I would be very happy. Until then I cannot work with SN in VW 2008. If I will find a solution I will post it. The funny thing is that it was working some time ago.

Regards

Uli

Hi David,

thank you, it seems to me that there are a lot oft unexpected and different problems and everybody is searching in a diffuse ambience without a concrete direction.

What I find very strange is that if I click with the right mouse button on the SN Programm in the task bar anything in VW 2008 works fine at once, although the driver of SN is not stopped but cannot be used in VW 2008 anymore.

Regards

Uli

Hi,

so here is my own solution. I lowerd the speed settings inside the Control Panel of SN. So it stopped the slight permanet move I think which caused a permenat signal I suppose. It works thats ok and I hope it will last.

Thanks to everybody for the input.

Regards

Uli