Machine Design Questions

I own VW Architect. The only reason I bought that over Fundamentals was to get the navigation palette. I think most of you know how much that irks me! Anyway, I am planning on upgrading to VW 2010 when it's released. I was considering switching to Machine Design since my work is designing furniture. I've looked at the tools sets comparisons, and I don't really see how Machine Design would be of benefit to me. I use a lot of wood screws in my drawings. I don't see a tool for that in any of the VW products, just machine screws. Could those of you who use Machine Design please give me your opinions if it might be better for what I do, or am I just as well off staying with Architect?

• 1 month later...

I am a mechanical design engineer. I do not see any advantage in the features set of Machine Design over Fundamentals. The collections of screws, pins, gears, etc. may be helpful to some. However vendors of such components make 3D CAD models available for download.

VW should have a greased path for importing those models and putting into a symbol library. Does anyone know how to do that?