Modeling a roof cornice return

bohlr

Does anyone have an alternate method for modeling a roof cornice return? I have been just creating a separate roof and positioning it in the appropriate spot adjacent to the main roof which work fine except when shown in elevation it appears as two separate roofs (both rendered and hidden line ). The unwanted lines can be masked in the hidden line elevation but not in the rendered elevation.

See attached.

You could Ungroup that little sucker ( and even the Main Roof )

and then delete the unwanted objects and / or add the surfaces to the Main Roof.

One of the reasons to model the Roof structural elements separately is to make sure

that all the pieces fit together properly ... thus avoiding the most common conflicts.

Thank you both, Islandmon and billtheia. I will continue to experiment. At first glance the ungroup and add surfaces seems to maintain the object as a roof face allowing texturing of the various faces which I believe to be an desirable thing. It is the first time I have used the Model/add solids function. The drawback to the add solids approach seems to be that the entire solid is then rendered with a single texture.

Of course both methods get rid of the unwanted lines which is what I was after.

Again Thanks