Prefab building Truss

MattG

I am trying to draw a 3d model of a building I have some digital drawings of, but not many. It is one of those wharehouse type buildings with the prefabricated concrete walls that arrive on a big flatbed trailer. So I have a small detail of the trussing up top. There is one main I beam and off each side run a pair of what I call snow trusses, not sure if that is the proper term. Sorry I typically draw entertainment type of stuff. So what I am curious to know is if anyone has some symbols of possible like trusses they might be willing to share because this is a one time only personal project I am trying to make a 3D truss, but without all the specs it is kinda tricky.

Any help is appreciated.

Matt

The need for OWSJ has existed forever... so has modeling them based on the manufacturers specs.

A proven basic approach:

1) ExtrudeAlongPath for the Top/Bot chords and connectors ( this allows editing the profiles & lengths for different sizes ).

2) Place 3dLoci at the ends or centerline of beams for registration.

3) Punched out polygon extrusion for the web or ExtrudeAlongPath if there are round bars.

Creating a library with joist symbols for each type & rating is straight forward.

Then duplicate and modify for the various lengths, as req'd.

Class assignments aid in the management of the resources.

Fun and easy to accomplish ... no special tools or knowledge is required.

Matt sounds like you will have to model them yourself. As Islandmon suggest this isn't too hard and if you do them as hybrid symbols you can get the 2D plan appearance you require as well as the 3D form. Not as convenient as a PIO but as long as there aren't too many variations it shouldn't take you too long.

Yep it is only one type to the best of my knowledge. That is very nice I as someone without proper training and such have to say that is a very nicely modeled structure. Basically I am looking for one of those with about the specs of our building. I posted an example of what the building on another thread in this discussion group if anyone is interested. The OWSJ location is on there, but I do not have all the specs on it.

Matt