Multiple floors on one sheet

I just bought a 24" x 36" plotter. Up to this point I was doing most of my work on sheets that fit around a single floor project, say 11" x 17" that only allowed me to display one floor per page.

Now, on one 24" x 36" sheet I would like to show the foundation, demolition, construction, etc. all on one sheet. How do you set up VW AFTER VWA setup assistant put together the sheets for you, to enable multiple floors on one page.

What I'm thinking is, I would have to set up layer links to a newly formed sheet, "nmultiple floor sheet" and then link those layers to that sheet. And then I would erase the other sheets so the Issue manager doesn't count them in the total sheet count. Is this correct?

Thank you.

Edward Koenig

Carmelhill Architects

From the save sheet button, try editing the sheet you would like your floor plans to appear on and simply turn on all the layers of the floors that the assitant scripted for you. You can choose to blow away the sheets you are not using or when using the issue manager just set those pages not to print. If you don't want an incorrect number of sheets to appear in the title block, you can select the title block and edit the number of sheets using the object info pallette. Good luck

Edward,

I posted a wishlist item asking for something equivalent to AutoCAD paperspace. Someone in that forum replied, claiming to be able to do what we think VW is incapable of doing. You might check that item to see if you can figure out how to do what he says is possible.

P.S.: I think I figured out how to do what Archken was suggesting, and it seems to work. You will find checking out that item in the Wishlist forum very worthwhile.

[This message has been edited by P Retondo (edited 07-30-2001).]