Windows and Doors not cutting through walls

I am having a problem with all of my windows and doors on a project not cutting through the walls. The walls currently have no texture attached to them, when putting windows and doors into walls, the wall highlights red and inserts them properly on plan view. They show up fine in 3D hidden line but as soon as you change to Open GL they don't show up. You can see a light outline but that is all.

I have worked on several projects and had no problems until yesterday, any suggestions.

In the Object Info Palette , when you have one of those doors or windows selected are they listed as Door in Wall or Window in Wall or just Door and Window?

It sounds like they are not placed in the wall.

Check the Wall Insertion Mode (4th "button") in the Mode bar with the 2D Selection tool selected. If it is not highlighted, symbols and PIOs will not insert into a wall.

Also, if you drag an object in a wall, you need to make sure you end up with the tip of your cursor inside the wall. If it is outside (dragging a door by its swing for instance), the object will pop out of the wall.

• 7 years later...
Guest Blars

what was the issue?  I'm having a similar problem in 2016 that was not an issue until today.  When I insert a door independently of a wall (not associated) it is not able to be drug onto the wall and "bound" do the wall.  (the wall does not highlight red.)   When I insert a door directly into a wall, everything works properly.  (door binds to wall and cuts the opening.)  What is wrong with my settings? 

I also used to be able to copy doors from wall to wall by holding Option.  For some reason I cannot do that anymore... I'm assuming its all part of the same problem.

Thanks.