Sign in to follow this  
red62

Vegetation line

My mac version of vectorworks landmark, does not like the vegetation line command. When it does work, the arcs are spikey not cloud like. When it does not work I get the spinning beach ball and the program locks up. I 've tried using the command in a blank document. It does the same thing. Any suggestions?

Look in the manual or on line help. There are three or four differnt modes and you can set the dimensions of the billows, spikes, or whatever. I have to play around with my veg line command to get the look I want but it can be done.

Are you sure you are not using the plant line tool instead of the vegetation line tool with the cloud option?

Also, the min and max radius are important to set, especially if you are running metric because by default the radius were initially in inches and if you are working in say mm, the values will be approx 25x too small.

Also consider using the revision tool (then ungroup and split as needed) or new planting area tool for quick and dirty cloud style lines.

So it will be worth revisiting the options and the min and max radius.

That said, I just noticed that my veg lines are appearing inverted, ie concave within the objects rather than convex outside the objects. There may be a bug.

Hi Guys

I have actually being playing around with the vegetation line tool on a project that I am working on and as with you Ian the lines are coming out inverted?

Hi Mike

Why not try the Landscape Area tool - this has different edge styles and can later have plant definitions inserted into them. Some cool stuff coming with Vectorworks 2010 soon on Landscape Areas too! Come to our event...

Why is it that my ?Landscape Area tool? has had at least all this and more for, what, at least 5 years?

Yeaah! A multi-milllion dollar/euro/pound firm may soon be able to compete with a one-person software company as comes to functionality. Aren't the talented!

Actually, five years from today, NNA will be another 10 years behind of me.