Rendering problems with VW09

Hello,

Just upgraded to 09 and I am having major issues with rendering 2D drawings when zooming or panning. It takes minutes to re-render objects, or sometimes re-rendering doesn't happen at all. I have tried using Wireframe, OpenGL, and Fast Rendorworks options for rendering and have had no success.

I am running a new macbook, OS X 10.5, Intel core 2 duo 2ghz, 2 gigs ram. It might be that I just don't have enough ram but I've been monitoring my memory activity and at any one time I still have 400mb memory not being used, so I doubt this is the case.

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated!

I currently have Quicktime 7.6 and the minimum is 7.0 so I doubt that is the case. Is hardware accelerated 2D navigation a feature in SP3? I'm running SP2 and I can't find that option. It may be that my video card isn't powerful enough but 2008 ran flawlessly on the same computer. Is there a huge difference in system requirements between 08 and 09? Thank you for the responses.

From the VW 2009 system recommendations page:

http://www.nemetschek.net/sysreq/

Video Cards

IMPORTANT - Vectorworks 2009 has a completely new document interaction interface which depends on a high bandwidth interface between the CPU and the screen. This has the potential to provide a very fast and fluid screen interface if used on appropriate hardware or a noticeably slower interface if used on the wrong hardware. It is especially important to choose a CPU and video card which are current-generation if you use Vectorworks on a very high resolution 30" monitor. Some users may be dissatisfied with 30" monitors when used with older generation processors or video cards.

We strongly recommend that all users check that their video drivers are current. Most functional problems have been traced to older video drivers during our testing.

I have noticed the same delay on my computer. I am trying to run 2009 SP4 on a Macbook Pro 2.33 c2d, 3 gig ram, ATY,RadeonX1600 video card with 256 in vram. it's not as bad with smaller drawing files, but i have a larger file that i am working on (~120 mb) and it's painfully, un-workably slow.