Repeating the circle command

I have been wondering about this for long while but have only just decided to ask the experts.

I double click the circle tool to get the dialogue box to set my radius. I then go and drop the circle into my drawing. At this point I would love to repeat the same circle with my next mouse click - as many times as needed. Is there a toggle for this - is it possible?

With the circle still selected switch to the Move by Points tool (Shift+M) and set it to 1 duplicate and retain original object. Then click on the centre of the circle and drag to where you want the next copy. Repeat as necessary for subsequent copies.

The Vector Move tool from Vectorbits has a 'chain duplicate' mode which places a copy at each successive click location. If you need that capability then invest 20 Euros and purchase it. http://www.vectorbits.com/VectorBits/vectorbits/vectorbits.html

bcd's method also works and is a good method to use if you need to paste the object(s) into a separate Design Layer or another drawing. You need to be precise with your clicks though and mindful that the paste point will be the centre of gravity of the selected object(s).

For making duplicates in the same Design Layer though the Vector Move tool is the best and most simple option. The Vectorworks Move by Points tool needs to have that 'chain duplicate' capability added to it.