Nested Tools

It used to be that if you had nested tools, say rounded rectangle under rectangle, and if you had a key assigned for that tool, it was assigned to the space on the palette. So if you selected the rounded rectangle made an object, and came back to it using the assigned key to select the tool again, you would get the rounded rectangle. Now the key is assigned only to the top tool, so instead of getting the rounded rectangle you get the rectangle. Furthermore, Workspace Editor does not seem to allow keys or modifiers to the nested tools.

But frankly, I think the old way was more functional, i.e., let the key be assigned to the space on the palette. As it stands now, nested tools apparently cannot be reached from the keyboard.

Donald

Donald,

I have not experienced the problem you describe. For example, my rounded rectangle tool is nested under the ordinary rectangle tool. Whichever one has been selected and is displayed on the palette is activated by the keyboard command <4>. When viewing all of the nested tools by clicking on the little triangle, each is tagged with a "(4)". Perhaps your system is different from mine:

VW 9.0.1 (worked the same with 9.0)

Win 2000

PII 333

[This message has been edited by P Retondo (edited 07-28-2001).]