Possible bug found in VWD 2009 SP4 on the Mac

I have been having problems with VWD 2009 editing a box dormer ref VW Architect post "Problems with editing a Roof dormer by Carl Newton".

I have just been told by the UK Distributor that this seems to be a bug in the VWD software on the Mac and they will be notifying Nemetschek, I also seem to be having problems adding dormers to a roof object and the whole experience seems to be very temperamental. I was just wondering if anybody else had the same problem?

Hi Carl, two things. 1) If you find a bug that can be duplicated (ie: by following specific steps, the result will be consistently wrong, or just not work at all) you should file it by clicking on the "Bug Submit" link to the right of this page. 2) I have always found the "Create Dormer" to be fussy and therefore have chosen to create my own by first creating the dormer walls and then its roof. I find this to be much more predictable and also it allows me to place the dormer walls on the Upper Level Plan (where they belong) rather than as part of the roof (which is just wrong in my opinion). Anyhow, give it a shot and let us know what you think... P

Guest Wes Gardner

Hi Guys,

Didn't see this post until just now, yup, I concur with Peter - I build my dormers from walls and roofs, mainly for the graphical flexibility, etc. But yeah, Carl if you want to post-up a test file here or e-mail me directly, we can get to the bottom of this - mine seems to work OK

wgardner@vectorworks.net

Wes