copy and paste wide flange

When I try to copy and paste a wide flange from one file to another they do not show up in the drawing. All my classes are on, after pasting the resource browser shows that I have a wide flange selected. I tried doing a custom select and it shows the number of wide flanges I have in the drawing but nothing is selected.

This is strange and a real pain in the butt. Anyone else have this happen before?

I have tried everything with the classes. turning all off then on again and they just will not appear. when I do a custom select it counts them but when I run the script nothing is selected.

I checked to see if the class was set to none or 0 line weight and that is all fine. This is weird.

ok, I just tried to change the class of one of my wide flanges in the source file and it disappeared!?

Something is definitely quirky here.

Edited by HOUCAD

Something is really screwy with this. Now I can't use the wide flange tool at all. It goes through the motions but nothing appears. Custom selection says they are there but they can not be selected. It is not just this one drawing now. It happens in all drawings, new blank drawings etc.

It worked fine yesterday morning.

• 14 years later...

@EliM When you’re posting in a thread this old, in order for someone to help you more efficiently —  it is helpful for you to include specific info about which version of VW you are using as well as your operating system version info.

What specifically are you seeing with which specific tools? The Wide Flange tool or Wide Flange - 3D?
It is possible that the tools have changed in 15 years. 

• 2 weeks later...