Sign in to follow this  
HOUCAD

Room finish library

When I create a room finish library for a project it saves the Room Finish Library.txt file to my computer so if someone else tries to work with the plan the room finish information defaults to the default file on their computer.

Is there a way to set up a project specific finish library in a project drawing folder on a server?

Any help on this??

Do those who have more than one person working on a set of plans just not use the room finish library?

I assume the door hardware and any other txt list has the same issue?

This seems like it should be a pretty standard project specific function. It works fine for a single user or if you never change the library entries but is it not set up for a multiuser environment?

THANK YOU!

I finally got back around to testing that out and it works perfectly.

One minor thing I noticed though when I add a new finish to the list, the date modified time of the room finish library file is 3 hours behind the current time. I checked the time on the server and other computers, and they are all set to the same time and time zone.

I don't think it effects anything it's just odd.