Importing floor plan to DWG file

How do I import a floor plan to a DWG file to see how it looks on my survey map?

Then, how can I change my DWG file to a 3D view and place my house on it?

I have a steep lot and will have to either put footings into the side of the hill, or put in a foundation. I am building a small cabin, so there is not a lot of weight to it.

Thank you. This is a leap for me in this process.

Ed

Recommend that you try importing DesignLayers into a DTM file with your site survey and 2d contours.

In this scenario, you can utilize WorkGroupReferencing to import the Building. As for the DTM file, you will need to provide some 3d information via 3dPoly contours or 3d Loci from survey datum in order to utilize the DTM procedures to create a functional 3d site model.

Once this process is complete, you can export the file to DWG format.

Ray,

I can open my Topographic Survey in VectorWorks as a DWG file. I am trying to place my house on the DWG file.

Right now I am working on understanding islandmon's response. He is way ahead of me on the curve.

Is there a way I can crop the Survey Map? It is of a two acre parcel and I only need a small part of it.

Thank you both!

Ed