Problems with Vectorworks 2008 and Mac OS 10.5.7

None here as well.

One should be rigorous when applying OS updates: Download the OS update form Apple's site, preferably a combo update (don't use the OS's automatic Software Update function) > Restart from the Apple startup disk, repair permissions and hard drive using Disk Utility > restart in safe mode (shift key on startup) > apply combo update > restart and repair permissions again.

My wife has never accused me of being anal either. Honest.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm suddenly having major Vectorworks 2009 crashes after upgrading to Mac OS 10.5.7.

By major I mean the crash instantly locks up my entire machine and I can do nothing except manually hit the restart button on the Mac Pro tower.

My Mac Pro:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro1,1

Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 16 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08

SMC Version (system): 1.7f10

Serial Number (system): G87373H3UQ2

Thanks,

Jim

Nvidia reportedly recommending GeForce driver updates before forthcoming Mac OS X 10.5.8

Macworld is reporting that Nvidia is recommending Mac Pro users with GeForce FX 4800 or GTX 285 graphics chips update the Mac drivers for their systems.

The report says that "the driver update is needed to maintain Mac OS X kernel compatibility, and will affect users who plan to update to Mac OS X 10.5.8."

If you have either of these graphics cards installed in your Mac Pro you should download and install the drivers before updating Leopard to 10.5.8.

Download the FX 4800 driver for Mac. http://www.nvidia.com/object/Quadro_MacOSX_18.5.2f16.html

Download the GTX 285 driver for Mac

http://www.evga.com/support/drivers.