Better Window/Door Tool?

Yes I agree that the usability of VW architectural 3D could be improved. I have even been exploring ways of creating multiple view windows on multiple monitors by referencing plans and having the 3D elevs in another windows so I don't have to constantly close down windows.

I have found that to be very good in VW architectural 3D, that is accurate, and can be used for documentation, one has to be very good at visualising the whole building whilst in plan view. This is fine for the very few that have learnt to work like this, but most do not, and as most can't, or are not hungry enough to learn, it continually road blocks movement to 3D and smarter working environments. Unfortunately in this regard the strength of VW 2D drafting mostly has it's way, and the path of least resistance is followed.

In short I want multiple windows, or maybe some really innovative way to manipulate viewports so that the plans and elevations can be updated in real time and side by side. I want to be able to move windows and doors in elevation, and see the changes happen in plan all at the same time.

Also, an ingenious hidden line rendering option for elevations that uses different line thickness to show depth of field. (I believe ArchiCAD has this). It would sure make it easier than tracing over 3D elevations in annotation layer. Also while there, It would be great to be able to able to apply hatches to a 3D elevation face by simply clicking on it in in the viewport.

If Vectorworks is going to go with a single window interface, they could learn a lot from sketchup.

A good starting point would be a user interface that wasn't hard coded.

On the other hand, the building components like walls doors and windows could also use a ground up re-engineering.