Editing Viewports

Vectorworks Architect 2009 SP4

We have a default document which was set up in an earlier version when the Advanced Edit option of Black and White Only was not available. To achieve the equivalent each Class had been edited to colour Black. As we now have the advanced option I would like to set all the Classes in the Viewport back to Class Colour and use the global advanced option to create B&W prints.

Although in the Viewport Class edit box the colour can be changed it does not appear to give the easy option of Class Colour.

Are there any shortcuts or is this an omission in the edit options?

Try the following:

• With the Viewport selected click on the Classes button on the Object Information Palette (OIP). In the Viewport Class Properties dialog box which opens click on the Revert button. this will remove all Class Overrides.
  • With the Viewport selected click on the Advanced Properties button on the Object Information Palette (OIP). In the Advanced Viewport Properties dialog box which opens uncheck the Black and White Only option.

So now I am answering my own question. It might be useful for any one else who comes up with this problem of changing settings in Viewports.

You cannot change back to Class Colour directly from the Edit button but the Revert button changes the settings back to the original (even if the change was made previously - I had assumed that it would only revert to the setting of when the drawing was last opened.