Problem creating viewport rendered layers in stack mode

This is very annoying and find no way to determine what I am doing wrong.

I am using the older version VW12.5.3 When I create a view port of a multistory buildings (Floors in each separate layer) , the drawing renderes in stack layer mode!! I have check my design drawign and all the layers are stack correctly and the stack olayer option is not check.

I have tried everythign and nothing seems to work. I can not find any reference here.

Jose

That's just the way it works.

Viewports and Stack Layers both use the Layer Z values to adjust the vertical location of all objects.

What exactly are you trying to do and we can probably help you figure it out.

Also, please add your VW version and hardware configuration to your signature to make it easier on us to help you.

MY hardware is Windows XP PRo. ISing VW 12.5.3 Designer version.

I want to render a building. I have draw each floor in a separate layer. I have rectified each floor to aligned exactly one in top of the other at the exact Z height.

Under design view, I set the Layer options to See All. WHen set the view to front or back with all the layers visible, the building renders exactly as expected (Stack layer option off).

But then I create a viewport and set the created viewport to a view (front , back..etc..) the building is rendered in stack view mode. Each floor is separated from the layer underneath reflecting what is achieved in design view when stack layer option is selected.

Looking forward to your help.

I am currently moving avery floor to its corret Z location. Also set the Z value to the elevation for each floor.

If I am understanding correctly, The correct way to design the drawing is to design every floor at the origin and use the Z value to adjust under the stack layer mode?

Yes, draw everything on each layer relative to the Z=zero point for the layer. Then (or before) set the Layer Z for each layer for the needed offset.

Then when you go to Stack Layers or a Viewport, everything will line up correctly.