resize extrusion

I have drawn an extrusion for some case work. I really really really like the way it came out. Trouble is I drew it at 12 feet and I need it at 6' .aahhhhh

I have tried a few things and looked through the manual.. I cant seem to shrink it without messing up the shape. I dont want to draw it over because I will never get it to be the same again.

Thoughts?

Alex

Rescale by percent? I can't remember where it is in V11. but select the extrude and find the Scale Objects command (in Edit or Modify menu I think). You may want to use the asymmetric scale option to preserve panel thickness. or, if it works, just apply the symmetric at 50%.

Or extrusions have OIP options. Select the extrusion and change the delta x or delta y value or extrude value (whichever it is) from 12' to 6'.

-B

Scaling would work. I don't remember where the Scale command is in 11.

It looks like you have two objects in each shape: The red outer ring and a white inner ring.

For the outer ring you can double click. You will see both of the solids that made up the subtraction.

Double click on the outer shape. You will see the 2D shape that made up the big extrusion.

Edit that shape to be the size you want. Hit Exit in the top right corner.

Double click the inner extrusion. Resize it.

Hit exit to get out of the extrusion. Hit exit again to get out of the subtraction.

It's more work than scaling, but it gives you more control over the size and corner radius(es). radii?

hth

michaelk

The other potential is to use the Split tool (I think that existed in VW11) to cut it down to the height you need.

If the Split tool is not there, then create a "cutting surface" i.e. an extruded rectangle. Locate it in two views so it covers the part of the extrusion you don't want. Select the extrusion and the cutting surface and do a Subtract solids and select the extrusion as the object to subtract the other objects from.