Site Model

benja

Hi there,

This is the first time I've used this forum and definately won't be the last..I've scoured the net and reading material but can't get any leads...

Can anyone tell me how to drape a bitmap (image taken from Google earth) over a DTM..

Cheers

Ben

Michaelangelo Design (2000) Ltd

architecture-landscape-interiors-eco-design

Welcome to the forum. It will help if you can add your VW version and system info to your signature.

There are two steps: 1) Create the Drape Surface and 2) Apply the image

[The only thing I'm not positive about is if VW will create a Drape Object from a DTM. I think it will. Let's assume it does.]

Select your DTM. Model>3D Power Pack>Create Drape Surface...

Right Click in the Resource Browser > New Resource in (document name) > Renderworks Texture...

Name the new texture.

Color > [Pull down] Filtered Image* > Navigate to the image > Open

In the Filtered Image dialogue box uncheck TIle Image - Horizontal and Vertical

Back in the Edit Texture dialogue box set the size (defaults to 1") to the approximate width of the DTM. > OK

Apply the texture to the Drape Surface.

In the OIP go to the Render Tab. Rotate and scale as necessary. Or use the Attribute Mapping Tool to position the texture.

hth

michaelk

Edited by michaelk

just to butt in on this, i have tried to do this with a site model before and found it very difficult to align the aerial to the site when doing the drape. You have to make sure your aerial is the exact shape and area you want (had to photoshop) before you can do this, and even then the image is kind of stretched over the model, so in some areas the features dont totally match up. It is possible to do this in sketchup as well.

if anyone has any ideas on how to improve this then please let me know.