Import Classes from file not working?

Hi -

VW2009 SP4 (build 106846) - Macintosh

I could swear that, in the past, I was able to import classes from any file. It appears that I can no longer to this. SP4 bug?

If I go to Tools > Organize > Classes > New, then click the "import classes" radio button and choose a file that contains classes that are NOT in the active document, NONE of these classes show up in the list of classes to be imported. For that matter, the file name is not displayed in the pull down menu as it was in the past, either.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

(note: See attached directions for importing classes from VW help menu)

Thanks -

I have experienced this before and thought I was loosing my mind. It happened with a referenced file that also had issues with viewport class control. Nothing worked right in relation to classes and I had to recreate the file from scratch and paste in the walls etc.

It was frustrating as hell because I was trying to show others how to set up the plan set for viewport class control and nothing worked. Tried to import a class from the file I know has the class but it doesn't show up. Can't control the appearance of the class because the viewports don't know the class exists even when it is in both the drawings.

UPDATE:

Okay. I've been experimenting all afternoon and may have figured out something. If I change the name of the file FROM which I am trying to import classes, it works.

Original file name: 08001-plan-level one (import classes does not work)

New file name: test2 (import classes works fine)

Next question: Why?

A LONG time ago (v10 to v12 ish) I had issues with file names that contained non letter symbols. Don't know if it was an OS thing or a VW thing.

Just a wild thought: Have you tried test-2 (or test-2-something) or 08001 plan level one (no dashes)?

probably a long shot....

michaelk