Modeling A Set Of Steps

Input would be appreciated on the following

In the days of drafting by hand I used to generally include 3D views of particular pieces of construction on working drawings , as I knew it helped those making the pieces to make sense of the plans , sections & elevations. Since moving over to cad I am not able to do this anywhere near as much as I would like as I find I spend many more hours than I should trying to generate 3D images of things like the attached steps . (VW &PDF files attached)

My question to the seasoned modelers on the forum is in two parts

1) What are the main moves you would make to model the attached steps .

2) How long would you reasonably expect to spend on the task .

Look forward to you response

Johnm

Imac 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - VW Architect/RW 2008 SP3 - HP Designjet 120

Most of it can be extrudes such as the steps and stringers. draw the profile from the side and extrude. The railing would be easiest using extrude along path.

I think I could model this in under an hour. With anything there is a learning curve in the beginning, but will pay off once you get good at it.

Thanks for putting your system info in your post. Create a signature with it and it will follow every post. Click on the My Stuff link at the top, Edit Profile.