columns

Hello. I am doing a very complex 3D model of a museum and I need some good columns. The column tool seems to only allow the basic shape of the column and not the details of a Doric, Ionic, and Corinthian column. Is there something I'm missing or maybe a website to download the columns?

No; basic is what you get.

In the past I have made Greek columns (with Entasis) by lofting 3 "fluted" section profiles, but, hey, those Corinthian capitals.................

There are some very nice models available on the web -for a very nice price, but I'm sorry I don't have the link any more. Too much money for my use at the time. do a search; it took about 5 minutes to find the site I recall.

HTH

Hi,

Do you mean detailed model or complex model? The reason for asking is that a complex model could do without the extra complexity of a Corinthian capital. However, if you need detailed columns, then the best way to do it is by mapping a bumpmap on the rough shape with RenderWorks or another 3D render application.

Cheers,

BaRa