PDF TEXT ALIGNMENT CORRUPTION

FLAPJACK

Question

My text looks fine in Vectorworks, but when I print to PDF some text, callouts, benchmarks, etc. rotate from their displayed aligment, for instance horizontal, but in the PDF the text is vertical.

The rotated text is illegible, and easy to overlook until prints are hard copied.

I can't figure out what causes it, I'm thinking it happens when a callout, for instance, is copied from another location.....or maybe has been mirrored along the way somewhere?

Does this happen to anyone else?

It happens to all of us here in this office.

1 answer to this question

It could be related to the specific FONT you are using... Does this only happen with one specific font, or with many different fonts? Are you using True Type (or Open Types) fonts (you should be)?? Are you using GRAPHITE (there were numerous problems with it in VW's, as I recall, along with some other specific fonts.).

For the future: It is helpful if you create a signature which contains all of your system and VW's info (see mine below for an example). This often makes it easier for us to diagnose your problem(s). To create a signature go to the "My Stuff" pulldown (above) and choose "Edit Profile"...