How to change ID class for multiple doors/windows at once?????

Please don't tell me I have to select EACH AND EVERY DOOR OR WINDOW, one at a time, in order to get the ID class to be on door-spec or window-spec???

It cannot be done in the Obj Info palette (Why is it missing from there??) and selecting more than 1 door or window and changing it under settings -> ID class will only change it for the last door or window selected.

If I could figure out a way to get the ID class listed in a door or window schedule, I could change it from there, but so far, no luck....

using VW2008 SP3 w/ architect on Mac

any suggestions?

Edited by lesterk

Create a database worksheet/schedule for doors and one for windows. In one of the columns, create a database header:

=('Door'.'IDLabelClass')

OR

=('Window'.'IDLabelClass')

This should report back the class name for each object.

Next, select the cell in the worksheet and change the name to the class you want. Then, copy and paste this to all the other cells.

Edited by Jeffrey W Ouellette
  • 9 years later...
On 6/10/2009 at 12:56 PM, Pat Stanford said:

The script in the following thread will create a worksheet showing all of the possible fields for any Plug-in in a drawing. Select an instance of the PIO and run the script.

http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=113502&Searchpage=1&Main=23203&Words=%2Bworksheet+%2BPlug&Search=true#Post113502

Can you update the location. the thread has been moved