ARTISTIC RENDERWORKS AND SOLID SUBTRACTIONS

Hi there,

does anyone have problems in 2009 with rendering solid subtraction objects with the Artistic Renders?

I am using an extruded polygon with holes punched in for a wall, and it renders fine in other render types, but will not show up in the artistic renders.

I have tried re-drawing the object a couple of times, but to no avail. I suspect that it may be because the original object has had a number of objects subtracted from it...

Anyone else have this problem?

Cheers,

Nick

as an addendum to my last post, I've just tried rendering the same object in 2008 after exporting it, and it renders fine...

Also tried out of desperation to convert the 2009 object to NURBS surfaces, but it STILL wouldn't render in 2009, even a selection of the converted NURBS, pasted into a new document.

Grrrrrr!

Nick

Cheers Ray,

I've just worked out what the problem is... Seems that in 2009, had a problem with the poly I used to extrude - there was a hole clipped from the centre of the main poly, to create a service riser. I filled the void, and the problem disappeared.

File has been submitted as per your suggestion.

Cheers,

Nick