Class overrides for symbols

I like the class override feature for viewports.

I am trying to apply it to a drawing of equipment provided by different vendors. Now all the equipment is standard so I use various symbols and they are all created on the none class.

So I want to go to the class the symbols are placed on in my viewport and have a class override for color or something and I cannot do it because the symbols are based in the none class.

How can I make this work?

Matt

Go back into your symbols and edit them so that each part of each symbol (or perhaps just the entire symbol) is in the desired class. For example, double click on a Symbol, choose "edit 2d", select all, change to desired class, exit symbol. Then use VP Class Overrides. Each one is very fast, but if you have a lot of these it may take some time. If you use these a lot it will be worthwhile. Try it on one first to make sure you get what you're after. HTH's....

Yeah that is the only thing I have been able to come up with.

The real downer to that is unlike many of the people working with Vectorworks the industry I am in doesn't have an established set of standards across the board.

For me I typically use a certain type of class structure, but if I modify someone else?s drawing I may be stuck with a bunch of symbols that I have to edit again.

Thanks for the help. I just wish there was a means of doing this. Only other thought was to use layer colors, but my "standard" I don't typically use layers.